Trike Insurance


Insuring your 3-wheeler trike

If you are looking to insure your custom-built trike, talking to the trike insurance experts makes a lot of sense, especially as they can offer you access to specialist insurance schemes that have been designed solely for either car-engined or bike-engined trikes, whether it is home-built, professionally-converted or specialist-manufactured.

"Is it a car, is it a bike? Trikes fall into their own specialist insurance category and tapping the knowledge of expert trike insurance brokers can result in saving $$$'s"

Trikes comes in all shapes, styles and engine sizes. Whether you have built your own trike or had it converted by one of the custom trike builders, finding competitively-priced trike insurance will largely depend on the same factors that insurers take into account when insuring any other vehicle.

The engine source of your trike might be from an original 3-wheeler, such as Reliant or Morgan, or using the motorcycle engine from a BMW, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph or BSA.

Some of the more popular types of trikes and for which insurance cover may be available include:

  • Custom-built trikes
  • V8 trikes
  • V6 trikes
  • Rat trikes
  • Banditt trikes
  • Hayabusa trikes
  • GSXR trikes
  • Honda Goldwing trikes
  • Pan European trikes
  • 2-seater trikes

If you own a trike and you are looking to insure it, QuoteRack's specialist insurance brokers will help you - just hit the 'Get a Quote' link to complete your details online.


"Whatever the origin of your trike, whoever built it or customised it, QuoteRack's specialist insurance brokers can help to insure it quickly and cheaply"

"As of 19th January 2013, the new Motorcycle Test (3rd European Directive) came into effect and this affects the driving test arrangements for new drivers/riders of trikes."